Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Haircut

You Guys thought I was gone, and like all great things, I'm Back!

We're trying to figure out a date for the fundraiser. Oh yes, we are still collecting money for Autism Speaks. Did you think my Autism went away after October 21st? We have to keep collecting and keep fighting. Plus my mom has all these baskets she has to raffle off. She is something else....

While you guys are digging for your wallets, let me share more about me. My Godmother just left this blog and had a few complaints about me not telling her what's been happening. So here you go...

Today is picture day, so of course, my mom had to take me to the barber shop. The one in Fairview Heights is open on Monday's. A true Christmas miracle. I was sitting in my chair, waiting for my turn, when the guy, The Fade King, his sign said, called me over. He said to me, "Hey big man! You want to play football for my team? You look like you'd be good." My mom said, "Do they have foot ball uniforms in my size? Cause if he plays, I play. I fight kids and parents." Fade King said, "Oh, you one of those mama's huh?" My mom said, "My son has Autism, so, he don't play without me." Fade King, "He don't have Autism." Mom (standing up) "Yes he does." Fade King (coming from behind my chair) "I've seen kids with Autism, and he ain't got it." Little Carlos (not looking up from his phone while he gets his hair cut) " Sir, please don't go there. Didn't you hear my mom say she fights kids AND their parents? I'm just trying to get a bald fade, not go to jail with my mom."

Now, my mom is a great advocate for me, I know this, and she never hesitates to teach people about what it means to live with Autism. But the Fade King almost lost his front teeth yesterday. I guess we should take it as a compliment of sorts, that he wanted me to play so bad that he would deny my Autism, but my mom is old. She can't be out on the field, flipping little kids around to keep them from getting to me. When we were leaving, Fade King made one final mistake, he asked my mom how old she is. She said, "How old do you think I am?' He knew not to answer, probably because my moms eyes flashed red. My brother and I walked out to the car before my mom. I hope the Fade King is still alive, because I really like this haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment