Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ABA Therapy

Well it finally happened. My mom schemed and she begged, she threatened and cried, but she finally got me in ABA therapy! What is that? Well its applied behavioral analysis, and it assists me in improving my cognitive skills, helps me with learning things other kids my age already know how to do and it improves my social skills so I can go out and make new friends. It does so much more then that, but I'm still new in the "class" so I'll report as I go. Sadly, my mom and my dad's insurance doesn't cover this therapy and I heard my mom say it's really expensive. I'm not quite sure how much it costs but let's just say there is another job coming up in my mom's future just to pay for it. But back to the therapy. My mom finally found a therapist who comes to my home twice a week. Her name is Keely and she doesn't let me get away with nothing. I gave her all my best stuff and she just kept coming back for more. When school starts, she is going to go up to my new school, she is going to sit in with my IEP and she is going to work on my homework with me. I thought, "Homework?? Does she know me? My MOM does my homework." So far we are working on three step instructions, refreshing me on the things I learned last year and helping me with my hand strength. My mom said that my hands are pretty strong. Last month I had a dream that my mom had a mosquito on her cheek, so at 445 AM, I sat up in bed, turned to my mom, and slapped the gravy right out of her. Then I laid down and went back to sleep. So, I don't know why I need to work on my hands... Anyway, it's almost 130 AM, and my mom just finished her homework. She knows I'm not going to sleep until she lays down so I guess I'll just start unplugging things until she gets the hint. Did you buy your ticket to my fund raiser yet? No? Well, I hope I don't have dreams about mosquitos when I see you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment